Сокровища мировой музыки в исполнении Дмитрия Китаенко
Treasures of world music performed by Dmitry KitaenkoОткрыть буклет в новом окне
Treasures of world music performed by Dmitry Kitaenko
Firma Melodiya presents a boxed set dedicated to the 75th anniversary of one of the outstanding contemporary Russian conductors Dmitri Kitayenko. “Today he can be undoubtedly considered one of the five or six best conductors of the world. This phenomenon is out of the common,” Herbert von Karajan wrote about Kitayenko after the young Soviet conductor gave a brilliant performance at the international competition in Vienna receiving the second prize and winning the hearts of the Viennese audience and media. Evgeny Svetlanov also greeted his younger colleague on the pages of the Soviet press as a talented and promising conductor. A graduate of the Leningrad Conservatory who also completed a postgraduate course of the Moscow Conservatory and a training course at the Vienna Academy of Music, Dmitri Kitayenko had a brilliant start to his conducting career. From 1976 to 1990, he headed the Academic Symphony Orchestra of the Moscow Philharmonic Society replacing preceded by Kirill Kondrashin. Under his leadership the celebrated orchestra substantially expanded its repertoire and actively toured. During the recent decades, the conductor worked with the orchestras of Western Europe, Japan, South Korea and the United States and regularly recorded. This 6 CD set includes recording made by Dmitri Kitayenko in studio and at concert in 1975 to 1987 with the orchestra of the Moscow Philharmonic Society and the USSR State Academic Symphony Orchestra. The chamber pieces by Corelli, Grieg, Respighi and Richard Strauss, Prokofiev’s Symphony No. 1, Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 10, oratorical works by Donizetti, Brahms, Puccini and Rachmaninoff, and Tchaikovsky’s Fantasia for piano and orchestra (solo by Igor Zhukov) included in the set showcase the conductor’s stylistic diversity and highest mastery. These recording will be of interest to those who remembers Kitayenko’s performances of the past years and to a new generation of listeners as well.
- Disc number in the directory: MEL CD 1002320
- Recorded: 1975, 1980, 1987
- Release: 2014
Back to the section
- Julia Igonina and “Partita”: The Seasons "Firma Melodia" presents Vivaldi/Akhunov – The Seasons project performed by Julia Igonina and Partita.
May 29, 2014
- Anniversary Melodia's room in iTunes To "Firma Melodia's" 50th Anniversary iTunes prepared special room, where the most interesting and memorable releases are collected.
April 25, 2014
- To "Firma Melodia" 50th Anniversary Soon "Firma Melodia" will celebrate it's 50th Anniversary. Our friends and partners from all over the world sending their greetings and congratulations. Look for articles in Luxembourg classical music magazine "PIZZICATO" and German magazine "OperaLounge".
April 17, 2014